Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nutty Pumpkin Muffins

It has been a while since I posted anything on here.  I truly think about you often, but just haven't made the time to take pictures and sit at the computer to post anything.  Since I am at school, avoiding grading, and I have demonstrated making Nutty Pumpkin Muffins in all  of my classes today, I will share with you the very best pumpkin muffin recipe I have ever EVER tasted.  It is my favorite muffin of all time and now that the weather is cooling off - it's the perfect time to pull out this recipe and devour these muffins.  (FYI: they freeze well, if you have any leftover - I have never frozen any in the muffin form, but I have made mini loaves using this recipe and have frozen those)
 
Nutty Pumpkin Muffins
 
4 eggs
3 c. sugar
2 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
3 1/3 c. flour
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 ½ c. pecans, chopped
 
Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl.  Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the dry.  Mix until the flour is just incorporated.  Fill sprayed muffin tin cups 2/3 full of batter.   

Bake at 350 for 20 – 25 minutes (I pulled mine today at 19 or 20 minutes and they were perfect)

 Yield:  24 muffins (I made 30 in each of my classes today, filling the cups 2/3 full)
 
I can't figure out why the font is goofing around.  I tried to set it all at one font and one size and then it does what it wants.  Weird and it's not even Halloween yet. 
 
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do.  They truly are delicious and even my students that don't like pumpkin or nut stuff gobble these right up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment