I have been doing a little bit of sewing - FINALLY!!! It is almost time to go back to school and I am in a bit of a panic mode to get in the studio and sew. I knew I really had to get going on these paper pieced blocks for my KF Block Exchange Group. There are 9 - 10 people in a group and we have three groups going on right now. Each person has a month and must post his/her block pattern choice along with any fabric directions they have by the first. Then we have one entire month plus a10 days to get the blocks made and in the mail. (they must be posted by the 10th). Now we all know that things happen and in the case of the June blocks . . well, I made them within a few days of the pattern being posted. That was good. I took them to show my quilt group and then I wanted to show my mother so I took them to Arkansas planning to mail them from there, but I didn't. When I came back home I forgot all about them. Hey, they were made and done, on to new things. By the time I remembered them, they were already late. I finally got around to putting them in the mail - I took the envelope up and weighed it so I could be sure and get the correct amount of postage on there and sent them off. Well, a few days ago - 7 since I had mailed them off - they came back needing more postage. WHAT??? That was why I weighed it out in the first place. They went back in the mail this week with more than enough postage on them so, we will see if they make it there by Monday. (I am hoping they arrived either today or tomorrow, but Monday at the latest)
Now that June's are taken care of - it's time for July's blocks. Below are the two blocks I made for the July person. I should have paid better attention to the orange fabric and made sure the entire star points were from the orangiest part of that fabric and not let those other colors intrude. but that is how it came out and I think it adds some character.
I am the August person. I had been thinking about what block I wanted to request and had planned on writing up some instructions, but then I realized it was the first of the month and I needed to post something within the next 30 minutes and I panicked. I fell back on my second favorite block - Goose in the Pond and just sent everyone directions/access to the tutorial here on my blog. I told them they could use any fabric combination as long as they used three different fabrics. I hadn't had time to make an example one - hey, August creeped up on me!
Tonight, I finally got around to making one block using my pattern - someone else has already posted a picture of their block they made and it looks great! Here is one of mine. I realized after I made it that I used the same warm/cool placement that I requested from last years Bee group. I guess I just like that combo. I have already pulled fabrics for the next one and I am mixing it all up! Even though in person it looks a bit busier, I like how this one looks in the picture.