Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Job

It's going to be a very busy and hot summer.  I can tell that I am not going to be sitting in my nice air conditioned home much the next couple of months.  That means that I may not be sewing much either.  I am hoping to get in to the studio at least once a week, but you never know.  For those of you who don't know, I am doing an externship with a local restaurant.  When I signed up, I was told I would work about 30 hours a week for 4 weeks.  I have already worked about 18 hours and that may not seem like a lot now that I have written it down, but I have had the privilege of being cut two nights so I was scheduled to work 6 more hours - the bad thing for me is that I still have three more days to go!!  I am only half way through my work week!!  I AM EXHAUSTED!!   Already.  It is hot, hot, hot in the kitchen and when you are moving all the time, I bet I have sweated off at least a pound or two!  that is the good thing.  The bad thing is that I haven't been cooking yet and I know it will be much hotter around the stoves.  I think they have fans running on those people.  I have been working where there are no fans.  I try and move to the coolest spot when I get a chance.

Tonight I think the manager felt sorry for me and he cut me 2 hours early and bought me dinner!  I worked 7 hours today!  (yea, it was supposed to be 9)  I am not used to this!  Restaurant business is hard, hard work!  I knew that, but I had only seen it as a cashier or waitress.  I am getting to see it from all sides in the next few weeks.  I am almost looking forward to working summer volleyball where I basically sit for 8 hours at a time.  As long as the air conditioner is working in the gym, it's relatively cool.  Well, I am off to the showers, and hitting the hay.  It's back to work tomorrow morning  to assist in hosting for a few hours and then split shifting at night.  busy, busy, busy!! 

So, if you don't see quilting stuff up here for awhile, you know what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment