Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer update

I finally had time to just sit and read through all of my favorite blogs.  It has been quite awhile since I have had that big of a block of time.  Of course, having my dogs wake me up at 5 in the morning has really helped make that time.  It is just a little past 7 now and no, I haven't been reading blogs for 2 hours.  I am considering going back to bed for a couple of hours since tonight may be a late night.  I have finished my two weeks of working for the Barn Door - half way through my externship - and have moved on to the first week of summer volleyball league.  Last night was quite hectic.  The first couple of hours was spent getting everyone organized and where they should be.  First night with the junior league parents who are venturing out into the world of volleyball and summer league is always hectic.

I haven't been in the sewing room much lately, just to busy.  I have added a stitch or two here and there, but nothing is completed or even close to being completed.  I got a lovely little batik square from Helen in New York and some great batik scraps from Ellen in California to go into my pieced fabric challenge blocks from 15 minutes play. (no pictures of these)  There have already been two more blocks posted on 15 minutes play that I need to catch up on sometime in the near future, possibly tomorrow since I don't have to work anywhere for the first time all summer.  Okay, I don't work on Sundays either, but it will be the first middle of the week non work day since Spring Break.  I am getting my hair permed later that afternoon and I do need to call about my phone and see if anyone can come and fix it that morning, but other than that I don't have any plans for Wednesday other than sewing.  Next posting I will hopefully have a few pictures to add to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment