Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stocking Swap for April

The April Stocking swap is a pin cushion and a package of your favorite pins.  Have you started on your pin cushion yet?  I made one the other day, but didn't get a picture downloaded of it, so here is one I made earlier this year.  It is from a pattern on Bari J's blog.  It's a bit tricky, but turns out beautifully.  The pins that I have in there are to hold the seam shut so I can sew it up by hand, which I have already done, but don't have a picture of that either.  What a slacker I am. 


Wait, hold the phone, I found the other picture!!  NOT A SLACKER after all.  LOL!    The one below is from a pattern my friend Molly taught me one day at a quilt in.  I have made four of these and they are fun and easy - really - but I think I like them better with a patchwork of fabric instead of just one fabric on top an bottom.  I am going to make a few more of these because they are so much fun and a little bit addictive. 
Now that I have some time on my hands, I will scour the internet for other pin cushion patterns.  What have you come up with?  Have you even made your pin cushion yet?  Not much time left in April and we are 1/3 the way through the swap challenge.  (still not too late for others to join in if you want)



No comments:

Post a Comment