Friday, June 7, 2013

Hippo Nostrils and Other Animals

 
Tonight I got a little bit more time to work on the quilt top and made 8 more blocks.  This is how it looks right now.  It is about 24" square.  I thought I wanted it 5 X 6, but I am not sure if I am going to like the incomplete square look.  I may have to make it a 6 X 6 to finish the look.  However, that's 20 more blocks and I am not sure I have enough strips for that.  Below are some close-ups of the strips.  

lion eyes and ears

 
Hippo nostrils!  My favorite!

 
Hippo teeth and monkey faces.   This fabric is fun.  Okay, Mom, look.  Does that gray fabric (light gray calico-ish) look familiar now?  I promise it came from you. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, nicest combo of fabrics I've seen in a while. Love the name, and the noses - so funny! I also love the shout out to mom - mom's are very special, and I sooo miss mine, every day. Looking forward to see the finish of this lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this strippy quilt. The precious animal parts are such fun. And, yes, I might own up to having bought the gray fabric once-upon-a-time. Just this week I cut 5 or 6 itty-bitty, dull, floral prints from that time period into strips. Its good to know that they can look pretty dern good in a strippy quilt.

    ReplyDelete