Saturday, July 6, 2013

Checking in on my Blog

Wow!  June went by fast!  I can't believe it's already the 6th of July.  Where has my summer gone?  I have gotten nothing - I repeat, NOTHING done here at home.  I went to Arkansas to visit with my mother and sister - and nephews, too.  While I was there I gave a trunk show and was supposed to teach a short class, but everyone was more interested in seeing my quilts and visiting with me and we never got around to the class part of the day.  It was a lot of fun and I think my mother took some pics with my camera.  I will have to dig it out and post them.  (if I approve of them)  We also did some shop hopping of our own.  A store in the area was having a massive sale - owner had passed away and the family was getting rid of everything - so we hit that one first - about 60 yards later we were ready for lunch and another store.  My sister hit that one pretty hard and we had lunch at a Mexican food place near that store that was one of two the clerk recommended.  I wish I had taken a picture of what my sister and I ended up sharing.  It was large, yes, but not too large, what it was - was delicious!  I am going to have to make something similar here.  If only I could remember everything about it.  I am drawing a blank.  ARGGGG.  Oh well, I will create my own version of something.  LOL.  Well, got a border to put on the previous string quilt.  I finally found the right fabric for it in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment