Saturday, December 28, 2013

Finishing up the Jelly Roll Race Quilt

I know, two postings in one day.  Is the world coming to an end?  I wanted to share what I have been working on.  It isn't much, but I have been in the quilt studio at least one day this vacation.  Below is the picture previously posted of my Jelly Roll Race quilt that I made at last years retreat.  I added a couple of borders to it and had planned on adding some flowers, but never got around to that until now.

 
I drew the flowers while at the retreat and even traced them onto stich-witchery stuff, but haven't gotten around to making them until yesterday.   Below you can see what they look like on the quilt.  I can't get a good picture of the entire quilt since I don't have a spot large enough to hang it here by myself.  I even made the back of the quilt.  Bought most of that fabric while in Arkansas this summer.
 
 
I really like how they turned out and can't wait to see this one quilted.  I thought I may give it away, but now, I am not sure.  I might have to keep it and use it for awhile first. 
 
Now it's off to make some more backs so I can get them in the mail and postmarked before the new year.  I have at least 3 ready to go and two or three more with oversized backings that I just need to trim down and package them together.  Easy Peasy.  I has been cool and gray here this morning - lower 40's - but now the clouds have burned off and it is warming up some.  It is turning into a glorious day outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment