Friday, May 2, 2014

Color Challenge Quilt

I have them, you have them, we all have them, you know you do, what are they? Projects that you start and for whatever reason, don't finish. I love the challenges that Victoria over at 15 Minutes Play issues for us to try and I am always game for starting the new one, however, I haven't completed all the ones I started. My mother's New Year's Resolution for 2014 is to complete projects, so I have kind of sort of adopted that same thought. (I refuse to make resolutions. They make me feel like I am under too much pressure and the end result is that I don't get anything done.) Therefore, I say to myself, "I am going to try to finish up some projects that are just laying around the studio." The pressure is off, I only have to "try" to finish and if I don't get them done, it's no big deal. (I know, it's the same thing, but the wording takes the pressure off)

SO, I have recently pulled out the color challenge blocks. I only had 13 blocks finished when I put them to the side promising myself that I would finish the rest of them in the near future. Well, as we all know, the near future was over a year away. I made the executive decision not to make the remaining blocks and to just start putting the quilt together. I spotted the perfect setting fabric, which had moved to the top of a pile of "need to be washed" fabrics when I knocked the stack over and re-stacked them. Every color from the challenge was in there. I finished off the top with a smaller border of the background Kona from the blocks and Voila - the top is finished. Now I just need to piece a back and get it quilted.

Thanks to the three students that "volunteered" to hold my quilt up so I could get a good picture of it. Now on to the next project.  This was also posted over at 15 minutes play.  

1 comment:

  1. It looks nice. I'm also quilting a top from my UFOs.

    ReplyDelete