Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Blocks from an E-Bay Win

Got a box from an e-bay purchase I made.  I put in a low amount - because that is all I was willing to pay, thinking that they shouldn't go for lower than that amount and expecting to be out-bid, but I won!  I think there are 18 - 18" blocks in my favorite pattern (may not be 18" - I can't remember and I didn't measure them and I don't want to go do it right now, so we will stick with the 18" for now). 


 
They are all hand pieced and really nice.  They smelled like they had been put away for awhile - not bad, not musty, just kind of an oldish smell.  I have sprayed a bit of febreeze on a few and they are sitting out in my studio airing.  I haven't looked at all of them, but the ones I did look at seem to be in good shape.  I can't get to them yet since I am working on another quilt that I played around with last Saturday.  I only have one more seam to go to have it finished.  But, since I am yawning a lot and heading off to bed, that is for tomorrow's list of things to do.   We had a storm roll through here dropping rain in a hurry with lots of thunder and lightening, so of course I was snuggled up on the couch with the scardy dogs this evening and didn't get anything accomplished.  (I tried doing some stuff in the kitchen, but kept tripping over dogs, so I moved back to the couch and they were happy)  

No comments:

Post a Comment