Sunday, July 20, 2014

Red and Mom's Quilts - second posting of the day

Scrolling through some quilt blogs, I decided to check in with Abby and see if she had posted something new.  Surprise, surprise.  There on her blog were two of my mother's quilts.  One of them, is my Sudokitome pattern.  I have all my blocks made, just need to put it altogether.  Here is a picture of the quilt I borrowed from Abby's blog:


 
 
I am so excited to see I quilted.  I didn't see it when I went to Arkansas last month so this was a surprise.  We had our monthly Bee meeting yesterday and I finished up my red quilt top. I thought it was finished prior to going to Arkansas, but my mother made a suggestion about splitting the strip section (it was all one piece at one time) and then sewing it to the other side.  I immediately said no and then thought about it.  Okay, I will do that - this was a playing around quilt anyway, let's see how that looks.  So, below is my red quilt:
 
 
Someone asked if I was going to add borders and of course I said, "no".   Then I started thinking, hmm, borders, but the answer is still no.  I am going to have to re-measure this one to figure out my backing - I had already done that with the previous version.  I like how the bottom singlet is touching the strip section.  I kind of wish there was one touching the other side, but since very little of this quilt top was planned, I really like how it turned out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment