Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mug Rug 1


Finished a mug rug to go with this new mug I purchased. It was on clearance for 25 cents!! I made the mug rug to go with it mostly from scraps from my scrap pile and from some pieces I pulled from my stash. So, for very, very little money I have my first Christmas gift for next year. To get the penguin almost the same, I took this picture of my mug, printed out four copies of the picture, cut out each of the pieces I needed, traced them onto heat and bond light, ironed them onto the fabric choice and built my pieces from there. I sewed the strips for the background, layered my penguin, stitched around all the parts with red or black thread, added the mug rug in black thread - over and over and over to build up the color, put a binding around it and called it a night. Well, almost since I am still awake and blogging about this.

See how cute they are together? Sorry about the shadows, but it is almost midnight here and I am doing this with just my overhead and one lamp. You will just have to trust me on this one, they are cute together.

No comments:

Post a Comment