Sunday, February 26, 2012

Last Call for Pillow Covers


I don't know about you, but I really hate it when I write a perfectly wonderful blog and then it doesn't save and it won't publish.  I am now, re-writing this same blog posting again.  Okay, it won't be the same at all.  It will have some of the same words in it and it will definitely have the same pictures, but it won't have the same tone or wittiness.  I was quite funny in the first one, but now, I am tired and you won't get to have all the fun jokes and the humor, sorry. 

 blah, blah, blah here is a pillow cover I made, blah, blah, blah. 


the end. 

Not really, I will write a proper posting.   (Ooh, that sounds quite British - proper posting) Of course it's with a very southern Texas Drawl, too. 

Have you been working on your pillow cover for the Stocking Swap this month?  You only have a few more days to get it finished so we can move on to March's project.  Even though I  have already made a couple of pillow covers, I had been wanting to make one with a ruffle or a flange.  So, here is the one I made with a very ruffly, ruffle.  I won these fabrics in a raffle a couple of years ago and the main reason I put my ticket into the bucket was because of these fabrics.  I am always needing lights and never have any on hand.  So, when I saw these fabrics, I put in my ticket and voila!!  I won!  . . . . and I don't really know what to do with them since they are so not my style of fabric.  I thought they would look great in a pillow so I played around making a basic 9 patch and then wonky log cabined with some yellow and blue to get the right size.  The ruffle is with two different fabrics and even though these fabrics would not be my first choice


No comments:

Post a Comment