Monday, February 27, 2012

Round Robins

This is the second half of the previously deleted/not saved posting.  Miracle of miracles, that posting was saved, but never published.  So for your viewing eyes, here is the rest of the previously delet.......  

I was to tired to re-write this part of the posting so I am really glad that this part saved.  I thought I was going to have to re-do this part and I didn't know when I was going to be able to get back on here and type.  Of course, whenever it would have been, would have been better than I am typing tonight.  I have never had sooo many mess-ups that I have had to delete and re-type.  I guess I really need to get to bed. 

In our Bee Friends Quilt Group this year, we are making round robin quilts again.  We haven't done this in about 10 years or so and many of our group have never participated in a round robin quilt and wanted to try one.  I love doing round robin quilts.  They challenge you to be extra creative and make you do your best work since you are working on someone else's quilt.  They also challenge you to use fabrics and colors you might never have thought about using.  Sometimes you love the block you receive and sometimes, it has to sit on the design wall for a couple of weeks before you force yourself to work on it because it just isn't your style.  Well, with round one out of the way, I am pleased with the work I did on my friends block.  However, just to make my life more fun and challenging, I am following all our round robin steps and creating my own quilt top here at my house.  I don't know what to call it since it's not making the rounds with someone else, but I am adding a border "around" the block.  Maybe in a couple of weeks I will  have come up with a clever name for this quilt, but for now, this is my "round robin". 

Our first instructions were to put our blocks on point.  I drew out my block on these wonderful graph cards and drew out a design to put my block on point.  Now that it is on the design wall, I am liking the look of this little top.  I have already drawn out the next round, but haven't made it yet since we haven't passed our other blocks.  We won't pass them on until almost the end of March, but I won't wait that long to add my next round on here.  I was going to add whatever I added to the robins to my quilt top, but decided that it needed it's own designs. since none of the original blocks looked just like this one.  I can't wait to see what this grows into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment