Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cold (Flu that is)

I had such big plans for being off work for two weeks. Sewing, cleaning, quilting, reading. None of this (or at least very little of this) is happening. What is happening is a major head cold. I can't remember the last time it was this bad. Major, major sinus pressure, headache and chills. Which also comes free with fever, runny nose (when it isn't blocked) and sore throat! Yuk, yuk, yuk! And all right here at Christmas time. I crawled out of bed yesterday and went to the doctor. Got a shot and several meds to help me get through this bout of "flu". And before you can ask, I did have the flu shot(first time in 14 years), but I am sick anyway. Today is worse than yesterday. Sure am glad I went to the doctor yesterday.

I drank the last of my water yesterday and had to go refill all my bottles this morning. For those of you that don't know about Odessa water, you don't want to drink it straight from the tap. It really does not taste good at all. The majority of the residents in Odessa either have an RO system at their house or buy their water from the store and then re-fill their gallon jugs. I don't have an RO system at my house so I have gallon water bottles that I take to one of the windmill water stations around town and periodically fill them up. Unfortunately for me, I had been putting off filling my bottles until this week. Since I was already out and about, I stopped at Mickey D's and picked up some breakfast to bring home and enjoy. I sure didn't feel like cooking or even eating much, but it sounded good at the time. I ate a little bit and shared some with the big boys then ended up throwing about 1/3 of it in the trash. It's hard to eat when you have to breathe and eat through your mouth. I think I took a couple of naps sitting at the table trying to eat breakfast! It is crazy how tired I am. I could just doze off anywhere. Unfortunately, I am only getting a few minutes rest here and there. It's the breathing thing. doze, sneeze, sneeze! If I could just breathe I could sleep and let my body heal itself, but I can't breathe!!

I still have to quilt my tree from my previous post and am working on cleaning up the cutting table so I can spread it out and baste it for quilting. I need to finish the binding on two place mats - Note to self, next time to make the binding bigger so you can just turn it over and machine stitch it down and not have to do it by hand. I am headed into the quilt "studio" to see how much work I can get done today before I give it all up and decide to crawl back into bed for an hour or so nap. I watched "Despicable Me" on Monday so I think I will put in "Shrek" for todays entertainment. And, to go along with that and because I am tired of blog posts with no picture, here is a look I get all the time from Taegan:
oops, lost it, hold on, wait for it, wait for it . . . oh foo, I am going to have to go find it once again. back in a second. Okay, here it is:




If you can picture a gray shih tzu with these large black eyes looking up at you. That is what I see all the time. Just like this. (except with those changes I just mentioned)

No comments:

Post a Comment