Monday, December 6, 2010

DONE!! well, almost



Just finished this quilt for a friend of mine that recently became an ordained minister. I didn't get to go to her Ordination ceremony since it was more than 12 hours away, but I have had this quilt in my head to make for her since she told me about the ceremony.

I have been seeing everyone else's cross block quilts and thought it would be fun to make one of those quilts and then this came up and . . . couldn't have been more perfect. I free motion quilted it using the pebbles quilting since I wanted the crosses to really stand out from the background even more than just the color jumping off the quilt. All I need to do now is finish stitching down the binding and the hanging sleeve and add a label. Then I can mark this one done. I think I have caught up with most of the quilts I have had in my head for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment