Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Wallow out my Window

I showed pictures of the "lake" behind my house all frozen over earlier this year. Well, here is the url to see what the lake has looked like for the past month or so taken by our local newspaper. http://www.oaoa.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=2&id=63848 It has been very, very dry here. Today, the water level is coming back up since the city turned on the water pump. It has even come up some since I have been home this afternoon. I wish I had taken a picture like I had planned a couple of days ago to show how really sad and dry it is out here. I don't know where the city is pumping water from and I don't really care at this point. There aren't any buffalo to wallow in this old stomping ground, but the ducks are wallowing in their newly filled lake tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment