Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finished Top - Welcome to the Zoo

I finished the quilt top for my Aunt.  As I stated previously, it's all animal print batiks with a green batik background.  Now I have to figure out what I am going to make the back out of since I don't have enough of the green to make the entire back.  I will have to rummage through my batik stash to see what I can find.  In the pictures below, you can see that I had to take the top up to volleyball and have other people hold it up so I could take a picture.  This first one shows the colors pretty accurately.  That green is a rich deep green.  However, my work table is in the way and doesn't show the entire top.  So, I had them move in front of me.  That just put them in the shadows.  So, I moved in front of the windows and took the second picture. 
 
 
 
As you can see it was a bright sunny day out (the windows are even tinted!) plus the sun is shining and reflecting off the cars so there is a major glare and this one looks washed out.  However, you can see the entire quilt top with the piano key borders.  Thanks to my holders and folders, Coach Eli and one of his girls.   

 
Eli, a summer volleyball league coach and recent high school grad - not a real high school coach, came in and saw my quilt top laying on the table and just picked it up and started looking at it and oohing and aahing over it.  That is how he got nominated to be a holder and folder.  Thank goodness.  As you all know, I usually have some of my students hold the quilts so I can take a picture, but since we aren't in school, I don't have anyone to hold them for me.  I am sorry to say I don't know the girls name, but she has been watching me work on my EPP quilt all summer and has even been impressed with my tablet cover that I made. She kept telling her teammates and friends about my projects all night. Hmmm, maybe a future quilter in the making?  Or at least a quilt appreciator.    
 

1 comment:

  1. This quilt turned out great - with batiks and greens, you can't go wrong!!

    ReplyDelete