Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Aquarium Finds

 
I love this blue crab.  He was so much fun to watch.  He would move his small - I don't know what they were called, antennae, feelers, I really don't know and will have to do some research, but not right now, anyway, he would use those things to "clean" off his face (at least that is what it looked like)  and then he would pose for a picture.  Like he knew I was taking his picture and wanted to look his best.  I have a couple of shots of him and they are the best pictures I took all day.  Below are a couple of pictures of the jellyfish.  They were in a dark room in a black tank with a light source on them.  They swam and looked beautiful.  I have some video of string jellyfish, but it's really hard to see.  So, I didn't post a still of it.  I could have just stood and watched these guys for a whole lot longer than I did.  (I was there about 15 minutes just watching and taking video of these)


 

Now boarding the USS Enterprise.  Doesn't that lower right one look like it came right out of a Star Trek show?  Look at all the little hairs (they aren't really hairs) on the top left one.  It would reverse itself to propel across the waters.  Totally fascinating.
 

 
Sorry this one is blurry, but this fish is tiny.  teeny, teeny tiny.  He was maybe an inch (probably 3/4 of an inch)  He would stay in one spot and I would get ready to take his picture and then would move.  Kind of reminded me of Katty and trying to get a picture of her all weekend. 

 
Here is another blurry one.  For some reason these fish just had to move around all the time.  Jeesh, you would think they had to swim for their lives!   LOL  This one never stood still or paused or whatever the others would do.  He just swam and swam.  I wanted a picture of him because he was ugly, but now, it looks like he has webbed feet.  I think I took a picture of his placard so I need to check that.
 
I have video of the dolphins, but don't think I will post them on here.  It will take up way too much of your broadband (or whatever it's called) and who knows if it will even load.  So, I am leaving it off. I may be able to take some stills of them, but we will have to wait on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment