Saturday, October 23, 2010

Drats!

I took my camera with me last night to the first ever girls night out at the quilting patch in Midland, but didn't even get it out of my purse to take pictures. There were about 11 of us there and everyone with a variety of skills and talents. One lady was making embroidered Christmas ornaments with her new embroidery machine. Another was working on her crazy quilt blocks that she did with her embroidery machine. One lady was just sewing down her binding on a cute monkey quilt she made for her grandson. When I saw her, I thought, I could have brought my quilt and done that. Because you know I had the hardest time trying to decide what to take with me to work on since I had already finished my Paganini schnibble top. I used Sultry by Basic Grey and Kona Chocolate for this top.



Now all I need to do is make a back, sandwich, quilt, bind and label. that's all.

Back to Girl's night out. One lady was working on heart blocks for women who had had a mastectomy. They were shaped like a heart and fit under your arm pit to help give relief and some added pressure. Those were cool. I wished I had copied her pattern. I will have to look on line and see if I can find it. Kathy finished her tree blocks for the row quilt group and worked on her top for our retreat. Which, by the way is scheduled for February 25 - 27, 2011 at Mitre Peak. More information later on that one. I made my heart blocks for our upcoming workshop in December. The name of which has completely left my head just now. oh, well.

Now, I need to make one or two more blocks for our December meeting and I will be totally caught up with our assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment