Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mr. McCallum

I finally decided on a name for my new baby and it is McCallum. He had to go to the vet this morning. He has this sort of asthma cough thing going on especially when he is running around or eating too quickly. So, I called and they were going to squeeze me in since he is coughing. I had to leave him in the car and go in and register. Then I had to sit out in the car with him until a technician came out to get us. They take this precaution with puppies because they could be very contagious and cause all their other animals to get really sick. So, we watched the other dogs and cats go into see the vet and McCallum chewed on my fingers and shirt buttons and sleeve cuffs and enjoyed the cool morning. Once we got in he was feisty! He wanted to check everything out. He wanted a snack - we were on the cat side and they were cat treats, but the tech gave him a couple anyway. He wasn't' too sure about them once he got them but eventually ate them. I am glad that we got to see my regular vet - you never know when you are a walk-in/squeeze-in who you will get to see. He doesn't have kennel cough! Yea!! However, he does have swollen tonsils and is on an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs, but no fever. She said he is very healthy except for that and looked good. That was a relief.

I have tried and tried to take a good picture of him, but he always moves at the last second and blurs the picture. Maybe soon I can post a better one of him because he really is a cutie pie and I don't think he will have black hair for much longer. As my vet said, "he has great reverse highlights."

No comments:

Post a Comment