Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Intuition

Not bad, three days - wait it's 4 days, that is borderline. What am I talking about? One of my new year resolutions is to blog more. While two blogs in six days is not bad, it's not what I set for myself and I will need to add two more blogs by Saturday. Hey, that's not as bad as I thought. I think I can do that.

I have been working on my intuition quilt along with going back to school on Monday. I have got to get home before 5 o'clock the rest of this week. It cuts into my sewing time when after I get home I have to take the dogs out, feed them, water them, feed me without their help, watch Jeopardy! :) and then come upstairs to read blogs, facebook and e-mails. By the time I get to the sewing room it doesn't leave me much time to sew. Good thing I am working on my intuition quilt for 15 minutes play. Let's see, where did we leave off? Oh, yes, thinking about adding some color block borders.

It needed the pink to be repeated and brought out some more, so I picked up a strip, hoping that I would have enough to go all the way around. it didn't work out that way and I had to add in another pink fabric strip from the pile. Doesn't look too bad since they are almost the same value. I don't even notice it now. I cut up some teal/turquoise fabrics into random widths by 5 inches and placed them around the top. Looking good. But, I still need to bring out some of that white from the middle so I pulled all the extra pinwheels and pieced some teal fabric to both the top and bottom so I could put them in the border and


I don't like it. It looks too forced. I pull them back out and leave it alone for the night. It doesn't look right, but I can't figure out what it needs. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment