Sunday, January 2, 2011


My tree quilt made it into the parade of tree quilts over at A Quilting Life, but looks so - I don't know any other way to say this than blah. It really does need a border around it to help it sparkle. I originally wasn't planning on adding a border, but now I am going to have to go back and put one on. I really like the ones that have a narrow border, a border of the background fabric and a wider border in another print. That is going to be on my list of things to get done in January. (along with about 20 other things)

Of those (20) things to get done is to work on the Intuition Challenge that I am currently contemplating the next change/addition while it rests on my design wall, maybe join in on the yellow challenge from Judy at Patchwork Times. Either she or her husband will draw a color from a bag of color possibilities and that is the color of the month. For January it is yellow. You are challenged to make a monochromatic quilt using only that color. You can use any tint, shade or vibrancy of that color. Sounds challenging and intriguing doesn't it? Want to join in the fun? I am also considering making a mug rug for the Sew I Quilt challenge. In this one, all you have to is make a mug rug that screams "you". Well, I might be able to do that especially since I saw Glen's pig that she made into a table runner. I love that pig and can't wait until I have the chance/take the time to play around and make my own version of a pig. I think that may scream "ME" in a mug rug. I think I will stop now with what I want to get done and go back downstairs and do some more laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment