Friday, December 30, 2011

Blocks, Soup and Burp Cloths - not in that order


Finished four more burp cloths so I am done with that for a little while.  I then moved on to the Blogger's BOM that is going through Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works.  I have drawn out the four patterns onto gridded cards, written down all the cutting information and which number the block is and who designed it. 
I have even color coded some of them with the area and then the directions in the same color so I can keep it straight in my head. 


After reading many of the quilter's blogs, I, too, have decided to make two of each.  I also made that decision after I made the first one with a white Kona background and I thought it looked too blah.  I made the second one with the green print and liked it a lot.  Once I put them on the wall together I decided to make one with a green print background and one with a white. (or at least they had to have those fabrics in them.  Below are my version of the four current patterns available (that I know of).  I love the Kaffe fabrics that the designers were using and thought about making mine totally out of those fabrics, but I like the mix of some Kaffe, some modern and some traditional fabrics.  This one will be a fun one to watch grow in the coming year.


 Today I went out to lunch at a new place in Midland called the Harvest Cafe.  A co-worker recommended it to me last week so I decided to try it out.  OH MY GOODNESS!!  I have fallen in love with the Baja Chicken Enchilada Soup.  I could take a bath in that it was soooo delicious.  Now I am going to have to experiment and come up with my version of that soup.  Unbelievable.  I can't wait to go back and get some more.  Unfortunately it will be at least a week or more before I can return.  If you are in the area, go try out their soup!  I highly, highly recommend it.  (If it would have been okay, I would have totally licked the bowl).  Those of you that know me know that I am not this blown away with soup - even though I have a few favorites, {Jason's Deli - Broccoli Cheese; Campbell's - Split Pea and Ham; Homemade - Tortellini Soup}(Okay, maybe I do like a few soups) Anyway, . . .

Wow - something major must have happened out on JBS and 42nd or somewhere near there.  There have been sirens blaring and honking through that intersection for the last 3 or 4 minutes. 

Anyway - back to the soups and the Harvest Cafe.  Stop in there and have a cup or a bowl.  I would love to go along with you, if you can wait until the new year.  Enjoy - 

whew!  I went to spell check this thing and thought that I had totally erased the entire posting.  Thank goodness for auto save! 

1 comment:

  1. I love soup too! My favorite is a good corn and crab soup!
    I like your blog and signed up to follow it. Check out my little blog.
    http://beebeesquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/
    I hope to see you there...

    ReplyDelete