Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bee Balm Blocks done

Yesterday I really thought I would have to e-mail someone and grovel and beg for their forgiveness.  Then, late last night, I found it!!!  Don't you just hate that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you have misplaced, "lost", something - especially when the majority of what you lost doesn't belong to you?  yuck, yuck, yuck. 

Okay, let me start over so it makes more sense.  I am a part of a swap group and every month we are to make blocks for someone else in our group.  So far, each person in this group has mailed out fabric to use in making our blocks.  Some have mailed the entire amount of fabric we are to use and others have just mailed bits that we are to add on to and this last one mailed the majority of her fabric and we were only to add 8 or 9 - 2 1/2" squares in her colors.  Easy, Peasy.  When I received her fabrics and pattern, I pulled out my 2 1/2" box and selected squares that were in her color range to complete the fabrics for her block.  Then I wrapped all the fabric I was taking up to school last week so I could work on it and get it put back in the mail since it has to fly all the way to Australia, but when I cleaned all of that out yesterday and put everything away, it wasn't there.  I searched all over for it because I knew I had intended to work on it this past weekend at the Quilt-In or even at school, but no go.  I couldn't find it.  I also looked in my book bag, my dining table and my purse, hoping I could find that before today.  Then, late last night, on the way to bed, I go into my studio and happen to look down on the new sewing table and there it was.  YEA!!!   I was never more happy - okay, there were probably several times when I was happier, but I couldn't remember them right then and there.  I could then go on to bed and rest easier - I had found the fabric and directions for making these two quilt blocks.

 
I put them together this evening and I hope to have them winging their way back to Australia in the morning.  (tomorrow evening if I can't make it to the post office in the morning)

When I was setting my sewing machine back up in my studio, I realized that it could stay in that spot for at least one entire month.  I don't have anywhere to go or things to do that I will be needing my sewing machine.  Now, if we have another major testing day and they don't need me, I will set up my machine again either in my classroom

 
sewing the morning away in my classroom while my Juniors are testing and my Seniors have the day off.   I got so many blocks done and by the time my Sophomores came to class they were impressed with all I had done.
 
Or in the fashion design class room - where I was this last time- as a result of all this classroom sewing - along with sewing here at home- I have finally finished my "scrappy trip around the world" quilt top.  (Although the blocks are not set in the traditional trip around the world.)  You will have to wait on that picture since it is late, I have the hiccups and I don't have a picture of the top.  Hopefully for my next posting I can post a picture of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment