Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Stocking Swap Check In

WHEW!!!!  Hopefully the rest of you have been hard at work on your Stocking Swap.  I only have one more item to make - the travel sewing kit - why did I add that one in this year???  Oh, yes, because I desperately need one.  My zip tab bag is just not the correct image for a quilter.  I need something a bit more . . . quilted . . . snazzy . . . edgier. . . (did I spell that one right?  It doesn't look right) . . . less plastic-y.  Yep, that is why I added that into the mix this year.  A travel sewing kit.  Hmmm.  I am going to google (again) for some ideas on what I want to make for this.  Since I am off the entire week of Thanksgiving (YEA ME!!) I plan on getting this item made and everything finalized. 

How about you?  Do you have the majority of the items made?  If you are participating this year, give me a shout out either on here or my e-mail and let me know.  If you shout out here - it will go to my e-mail also.  It's almost time to swap!   I need to know who all is joining in on the fun by December 1st.  I will put all the names in a hopper and draw them out, send you the name of the person you are to send to (and address, etc.) then between December 13 and 15th you need to either mail or deliver your package. 

It's always fun to get this box of goodies - either by mail or in person depending on who and where your swap person lives.    It's fun to see what the other person made and what fabrics they used.   What their favorite book is or what kind of mug - remember that one from back in January?  I made several mug rugs so I need to decide which one I am going to package up and give away.  I can't wait to see what comes my way. 

So, as I write this, I am trying to figure out several things . . . 1.)  Do we (me and you and you and you) want to do something next year?  (I usually only do the Stocking swap in even number years)   If so, 2.) what do we (see above reference) want to do?  Would you be interested in doing a swap of items - just not as long or as intense as the Stocking swap?  Hmm.  Send another shout out!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost finished. Need to make a potholder and buy the book and pen, plus nuts and candy.

    ReplyDelete