Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler

Sometime back in March or early April I was visiting several different blogs I love to read and ran across this blog, Moose on the Porch Quilts. She had recently started a Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt. Sounded like fun so I printed out the first couple of patterns and realized I didn't have a jelly roll. I knew that I could go through my huge, massive stash and cut strips or even easier, I could purchase one from somewhere. The closest quilt store is in the next town. (okay, it's about 22 miles, give or take, from my front door to it's front door, but it is in the next town) It's now the middle of April, life is getting hectic, so I make the decision to have the jelly roll come to me. I love shopping online. The pleasure of having a package waiting for me when I get home is just exciting. Oops, now I am four blocks behind. Thank goodness my quilt group has what we call "quilt-ins". We start at three on Thursday afternoon and go until 3 on Saturday afternoon. You could stay there and quilt all night long or go home to your own bed and shower and return the next day. It's wonderful! We get so much done in that time period. I knew one was coming up at the end of April and I could work on my blocks and get caught up. Which I was, for awhile and now thanks to this week, I am once again caught up. Here are my 8 blocks for my jelly roll sampler quilt:

1 comment: