Saturday, August 21, 2010

Food and fun times

I promised I would talk about what I ate at conference. I still haven't unearthed my thumb drive that I saved my nightly summary of the foods I consumed, but here are some of the highlights of that week at conference. You know they were great things when 2 to 3 weeks later I can still vividly remember them. First off was the blueberry and granola pancakes. They were awesome. I deliberately took my camera with me everywhere so I could take pictures of everything and came home with no pictures. Terrible blogger!! Anyway, this pancake batter had homemade granola mixed into the batter along with a few blueberries. Then it was topped with fresh blueberries, fresh whipped butter and sprinkled with powder sugar. You could top it off with some warm maple syrup, which I did. unbelievable! Such incredible flavors with the oats and cinnamon and a touch of sweetness coming from the granola and the fresh blueberries. When I first tasted them, I knew right away that I would have to make some myself. (haven't' yet, but it's coming. first have to make the granola) The next thing that was awesome I didn't even order. Two of my friends had the short ribs. they had a coffee, cocoa, cinnamon rub on them that was to die for. The meat was so tender that it simply melted in your mouth and the flavors blended together in such a richness that . . umm it was incredible!! I wanted to pull their plate over and just consume what was left. It was very good. That is another one I will have to play with and make. Believe it or not, I have never cooked short ribs. Since I am now teaching the culinary arts, I am going to be experimenting more at home so that I can come up with interesting dishes to serve in our restaurant at school. Well, that is all I will leave you with for now. got to get to the midland fair and experience some goodness and fair foods out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment