Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beads, beads, beads

I met Donniece Smith back in May when my friend Kathy and I decided to finally join the Caprock Art Quilters (their website is undergoing something and is not up and running at this time). They only meet 4 times a year, which is good since we have to drive 100+ miles to get there. She had a beautiful necklace with these funky fabric beads that she had made and told everyone that she was going to hold classes to show how to make the beads. YEAH!! I was so excited. Then when she e-mailed me the dates of the classes I was even more excited. I was already going to be in Lubbock. for the Kerr family reunion. (more on that later) I got 5 beads finished in class and plan on making more. I haven't decided where I am going to use these beads, on quilts, as a necklace, as a zipper pull for my purse, as earrings? I just don't know, but they are fun and surprisingly quick and easy to make. Here a some more of the beads I made this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment