Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Quilt top

This is the Project I have been working on for a couple of days. It's not a hard pattern, just time consuming. Sorry for all the wrinkles in the top in this picture, I have a hard time stretching over to my far right and getting the quilt to adhere to my flannel wall. That dark blob in the bottom right is my fan in my quilt room and it is sitting on the corner of my quilting table. In order to get this top up all the way I have to stretch over the table and sometimes have to use a ruler to push up that top right hand corner and hope it stays. Since I put it up a few times (put it up, fall down, put it up, fall down, etc.) I didn't want to touch it since it looked like it was going to stay this time. It is in really pastel blues, pinks, greens and creams. This fabric line, Aviary by 3 Sisters for Moda, is sweet and dainty. Below is a picture of one of the blocks and a little bit of the sashing. This quilt uses two charms packs and one honeybun. For those of you that may not know, a charm pack is made up of at least 40 - 5 inch squares and a honeybun is at least 40 - 1 1/2" strips.

With all the partial strips left over from the honeybun I decided to make a bag to carry the quilt in (after it is quilted). I simply have sewn the strips together to create a piece of fabric. This morning I quilted it and that is as far as I have gotten until I clean off my cutting table a bit better I can't go any further. My little cutting space is not large enough to get this long strip even. Soon I will post the finished bag for everyone to see. As you can tell, from the picture below, I love quilting gentle curves in straight line quilts. I think it gives it a little texture and umph.

No comments:

Post a Comment