Saturday, July 10, 2010

What's Next?


Now that I have the back and binding all ready to go on my Off the Grid quilt, I have turned to some jelly roll batiks. I have a roll of browns and a small roll of pinks that I recently purchased to make a spectacularly rich quilt. I have added a light and dark turquoise to the mix and have begun to randomly piece blocks together. Below are some that I did last night. I can't wait to get back in there and start working some more. I don't have a plan, as you can see, just piece what I feel like at the time. I am limited on the turquoise since I only had a fat quarter of each which I cut into 1 1/2" strips and 2" strips. The small pink square at the top of the pic, I am not completely please with, but I will wait to see what else I come up with before I decide to make it larger or keep it the way it is. At this time it completely fades out on my design wall, but who knows what I will come up with today. I love not having a plan and just putting stuff together.

No comments:

Post a Comment