Saturday, July 17, 2010

The eyes have it



Late nights and early mornings is making me really exhausted!! Just a couple more weeks of this and then life can return to "normal" again. However, my mornings are going to be getting even earlier since I will be returning to work sometime in the next couple of weeks. Every summer I revert to what I think is my normal bodies rhythm of staying up really late. When I was younger I would stay up at least one whole day in the summer time which was at least 36 - 48 hours with no sleep and didn't really have any problems with that. Now, staying up until 4 in the morning and then getting woken up by my dog at 7 or if I am lucky 8 is really hard on this old body. Sometimes (okay, most days) I get up, let the dogs out and then crash on the couch for a few hours. I have even set the timer, but that has failed to get me up. Wednesday I had an eye doctors appointment at 11 and found that I woke up at 11:15 and panicked. When I called to let them know that I was "running behind" they told me to come on in. Little did they know that I still needed to get dressed, put my make-up on and drive on over. Thank goodness they are close by. The really crummy part was the fact that even if I had gotten there on time, I still would have had to wait. At least part of my wait time was spent sleeping on my couch! I have had a prescription for bi-focals for a couple of years now. However, I have not opted to fill that prescription and instead I wear my contacts to see in the distance and then I have purchased some awesome readers (lots and lots of readers) to wear to see close up. At night when I go to bed and want to read, I simply put on my old glasses and another pair of readers over the top and voila! homemade bi-focals. This year I think I will fill my prescription. There are a lot of fun frames out there. Now, I just need to find that perfect pair. For the most part, I will still wear my long distance seeing contacts and readers most days and then I will have some cool bi-focals to wear on those days I don't feel like putting in my contacts or when I fall asleep on the couch and am running really late and don't have time to put them in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment